This weekend has been very contemplative for me. There are many things that I'm excited about, especially as good conversations are being opened up with some of my new friends. It's also been a bit of a battle because of the reality of the challenges of being here. It's easy to get completely overwhelmed and discouraged if not for the hope that Someone Else is in charge and if not for the reality that He is good.
I've been thinking a lot about the life I now lead, and it is SO different that anything I could've imagined when I graduated from school 4 years ago. Who would've thought then that I'd be living half-way around the world, where I spend 4 hours a day learning language and climb up five flights of stairs everyday to my apartment- in which the shower, toilet, and sink are all within one 3x6 ft room, and outside of which lives my morning wake-up all, who hawks up a gross loogie every morning and looks a bit too much like Jabba the Hut? (more on Jabba later) Yes, life has changed, and really, so has my perception of life. My preferences, my dreams, my desires, everything has been surrendered. As scary as it seems that I have no idea what's up ahead, I am reminded every day that in Someone Else, I can rest. Knowing that He carries me through the unknowns and unchartered territories makes them definitely less daunting. And really, to get to go out on a limb with Him everyday- is there any other way to live life?
Until Next Time,
M
1 comment:
let me be the first to say hello and tell you that i will be following your posts, dear friend! i am so proud of you....you are one of the girls i want to be when i grow up. :) here is a virtual hug and hand squeeze. one day at a time. love, carol
Post a Comment