Well, the other day, it finally hit me how much in need of quiet I was! I had just become overwhelmed with the noise in my life, and I decided to turn it off for awhile and find rest in the One who promises rest for our souls. I took an afternoon, turned off my computer, sat on my sofa, and just read and meditated. I read about the life of Joseph in the Word and saw the Father's faithfulness. I read a book called "Calm My Anxious Heart" and was reminded of the joy of contentment that He gives to us! I just basked in the beauty of Him, and the quietness of that time was invaluable. That afternoon, as I focused on Him and being in His presence, the noise from my life, from my apartment, and even from the street seemed to fade away. How important it is to take some times of quietness! How important it is to find rest for our souls!
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
The Importance of Quiet
As I've mentioned before, I live on a super noisy street. There are people yelling and screaming outside from about 6am til midnight. I also have the habit within my home of always having some noise going on in the background, whether it be the tv or my itunes. Even my life has become noisy with stuff to do each day... and noisiness is exhausting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment