Tuesday, October 21, 2008

CURTAINS!!!!

I have never been so glad to have curtains in my life!  When I first moved into my new apartment, I quickly bought this nice white fabric that I was intending to make into new curtains.  (The old ones were a little bit too busy for my taste...think lots of flowers, and then some!)  

Unfortunately, because of time and a language barrier, I delayed getting the curtains made for about a month.  I'd also, without thinking, already taken down the old ones and gave them to my roommate.  So for about a month now, I've been without curtains, which makes for a lot of strategic changing and hoping that no one's peering into my window (OH Puleasse no!).  

Well, this week, I bucked up, looked up the word for "curtain" in my dictionary, and marched down to the guy at the supermarket with a sewing machine to get my curtains made.  Today, I finally went back to pick them up, and they are awesome!!!

Check it out:

 
= having to duck below viewing level every time I change, leading to unnecessary aggravation of back and neck pains

 
= A Deep Sigh of Relief

3 comments:

dan tom said...

Good to read your updates...Hope sounds like you're slowly getting accustomed to your new life. Praying for you back in the states!

-Dan Tom

muimui said...

michelle - I'm glad you have curtains too - haha. i was trying to picture you ducking down and stuff. too funny!

Thinking of you!

- wilma

Laurie said...

This reminds me of when you and Cathy tried to put up curtains in the 309! Hey put more pictures of your apartment on here! I wanna see!