Monday, November 3, 2008

Heart of Compassion

Sometimes being focused on the part of the world where I'm living, I forget about other parts of the world that have need.  I've been seeing the headlines lately about the crisis erupting in the Congo, but today the reality of the desolation there hit me as I was looking at a photojournal of the people affected.  And it hit me that being a person who is after God's heart of compassion means that I must be constantly on my knees for all peoples.  I cannot be exclusive, whether it is with my own nationality or one that He has called me to.  So, if you're reading this, I do still covet your pr-rs for what's going on around me, but please do pr for those suffering from the hunger crisis in the Congo.  Please lift up the felt needs as well as the many emotional and definitely spiritual needs of the people.  Pr that in these times of suffering, those with a chance to shine for Him will be given strength, wisdom, faith, and compassion to do so. 

For more on what's going on in Congo, go to:  http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27511974/

Until Next Time,
M

No comments: