Monday, November 17, 2008

My Guilty Pleasure

So now that I've been here more than two months, I've discovered a couple things that have helped me to adjust.  One treat is the coffee shop, but my guilty pleasure is definitely... the bowling alley!  I first found out that such a thing existed in the Big City about a week before moving here, and friends with me at the airport will attest to the fact that I tried ardently to bring my bowling shoes on the plane with me (but alas, it was not to be!)  The first time I bowled, I did not do so good. I blame it on the jetlag (because jetlag sometimes lasts about a month after arrival).  

I don't go bowling a whole lot, but the other day, in honor of my good friend's birthday, we went bowling! (YAY!)  It really warmed my heart to some of these girls take joy in that game.  I am just thankful for the opportunity to bond with my new friends while indulging in a fun pastime.  (oh, and side note: I did much better the second time around) 

1 comment:

CW said...

mishy,
i bought bowling shoes a long time ago..someone coerced me b/c they said they would be a "good investment." whatevs! i've used them like once. i will try to visit you, and if i do, i will bring my shoes.
love,
carol